Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What color blush should I use?

I recently decided to start wearing blush. I never did before because I was told since I have fair skin, I need to wear pink. But pink looks awful on me. I have fair skin, medium/dark brown hair and hazel green eyes. I have a neutral skin tone. What colors do you think would look good on me?What color blush should I use?
I have the same exact coloring and as much as I really want to wear pinks, I just can't! Instead, think fruit...plum and peach colors.





Brands/Names that look particularly good are:


NARS (peach) - Orgasm, Amour,


NARS (plum) - Sin, Madly


http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





LORAC (peach) - Peach


LORAC (plum) - Plum


http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





Laura Mercier (peach) - Nectar, Orange Blossom (gorgeous highlight color!)


Laura Mercier (plum) - Opera, Winter Bloom, Azalea


http://www.lauramercier.com/products/col鈥?/a>





I think that's good for starters but at least it gives you an idea of the type of colors to look for. I did not list drugstore brands as I do not use them. I prefer to purchase higher brand products for better pigment payoff and lasting color. However, you can use these colors as a guide for selecting drugstore shades.





Last but not least, regardless of your eye shadow colors, match your blush to your lipstick: peach with peach, plum with plum, etc. If you're still in doubt of which color blush to go with, pick up your favorite, most flattering lip color and look for a matching blush. That's a sure way you're choosing the right color.





Hope you found this helpful,





LRWhat color blush should I use?
try a peachy pink color
I hate those light shimmery either pinks, they don't look natural. I have light skin and darker hair too. My favorite blush is Clinique Aglow. It's a little more expensive but it looks really nice.
I wouldnt wear it at all


I think it looks funny
On lighter hair, pinkish blushes are better.


On darker hair, orange-ish blushes are better.


But since you have fair skin you could go for a pink-ish orange, thats very natural but will still give you that glow.


Try peach.


I recommend Maybelline Dream Mousse in ';20'; ';Peach Satin';. Apply with a brush on the apples of your cheeks and if you wish you can brush outward towards your temples. When I apply blush I smile because it makes it easier.
Instead of pink try a soft peach color. The color is more natural and would look like a glow from within. Peach is a universal colors that would flatter all skintone.


Pink can still look good on you but try one that has brown undertone but still look natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish